By: Jennifer Labatte
QuickBooks® Online: A Guide for Canadian Small Business provides comprehensive, step-by-step instruction to students on how to use QuickBooks software to support a business’ daily transactions using the four (4) procedure areas: New Company Setup, Lists/ Centres, Activities, Reports.
Students will learn how to complete bookkeeping activities; maintain supplier, customer, and inventory transactions; complete period-end procedures and bank reconciliations; customize files, screens, and reports; set up and manage employee payroll; and track time for employees and projects.
• Practical Lesson Activities reinforce lesson content with hands-on learning.
• Double-Entry Accounting Review provides a clear summary of each transaction as it relates to
the double-entry accounting system using debits and credits.
• Procedure Quick Check provide clear and concise QuickBooks® steps for practice and an
• Case Problem Scenarios allow students to demonstrate an understanding of lesson topics
and generate a report for instructor assessment.
• Review Questions ensure mastery of lesson topics.
• Instructor Resources include an Instructor’s Manual of lesson plans; answer files for
review questions from each lesson, excel files for lesson and case problem scenarios,
and cumulative projects with assessment rubrics.
Students and faculty can register for free access to QuickBooks® Online here: intuit.com
Lesson 1: Introduction to QuickBooks® Online and Accounting Basics
Lesson 2: New Company setup
Lesson 3: Suppliers and Accounts Payable
Lesson 4: Customers and Accounts Receivable
Lesson 5: Inventory and the Products and Services List
Lesson 6: Period-End Procedures and Customization of Files
Lesson 7: Banking and Reconciliations
Lesson 8: Setting Up Payroll
Lesson 9: Managing Payroll
Lesson 10: Creating Projects and Tracking Time
Northrose Educational Resources is located on the Traditional Territory of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation. We are proud to acknowledge the Lands and People of the Traditional Territories of the Mississaugas.